We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
If you feel you have the qualifications, experience or both to join our dynamic team, then please send over a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Accounting and Payroll Specialist
Are you looking for a new job opportunity for 2018?
Do you want to work with a great team in our fast growing international expansion business?
Applications accepted from direct applicants only. No agencies.
Job Description and Person Spec
Must have experience in management accounts, delivering accounting and payroll to a significant portfolio of international customers. Knowledge of foreign currencies and the related accounting treatments would be ideal.
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Company Overview: at UnaTerra we advise and support businesses that either have existing international operations or are looking to enter a new market. We specialise in supporting companies through their international expansion journey, by providing advisory, finance, payroll, HR and legal support services and we operate in over 90 countries.
- 1-2 years experience in internal function or in practice
- AAT, part-qualified (not essential)
- Salary: on application, depending on experience
- Bristol/Bath area – currently home based
- Full time role (usually 9-6 Mon-Fri, but sometimes you may be required to work outside of these hours due to the international nature of the company)
- Must have good IT skills
- Work well unsupervised from home
- Be self-motivated and professional
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- An adaptable team player
This role involves (but is not limited to):
- Supporting the Senior Accountant with managing multiple client accounts daily as first point of contact. This includes managing deliverables with the internal team and local providers to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts for multiple international subsidiaries, this includes:
- Multi-currency transaction processing
- Validation and processing of invoices, expenses and general journals
- Prepare/posting sales invoices, credit control
- Accrual/Pre-payment calculations
- Preparing funds requests and processing of payments
- VAT returns and formal filing
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing payroll data, journals and reconciling payroll deductions
- Processing of the UK payroll inhouse and assisting third parties with processing international payroll.
- Preparation and submission of UK VAT returns.
- Coordinate activities related to the timely and accurate completion and filing of monthly, quarterly and annual compliance forms and submission to country specific agencies including VAT (or equivalent) returns, annual statutory accounts and associate tax returns, audit support as well as business registration filing requirements as applicable.
- Maintenance and processing of corporate bank accounts and cash management.
- Assisting with internal billing, timesheet analysis and client profitability.
- Various ad hoc client requests.
- Maintaining client trackers.
- Provide client support for various systems.
- Assist with internal billing.
- Undertake delegated tasks and cover for supervisor as and when required.
- Contribute to the identification and recommendation of methods of improving quality of service and operational effectiveness within the team and department.
- Be flexible regarding working hours during busy periods in order to meet client/internal deadlines.
- Flexible to take responsibility for other work to support team delivery and client satisfaction as required.
Click here to download a PDF version of this: Job Description and Person Spec – Accounting and Payroll Specialist